Wednesday 29 February 2012

The March Challenge




You can learn more about it here.

Maybe it's because today is special (Leap year!), but I've been feeling so positive lately. In fact, I am just overflowing with positive vibes right now that I just feel the need to impart some words of *ehem* wisdom to all you dear readers out there.

I know how it's like to live life on autopilot mode. I've often asked myself "why". Why bother? Why make an effort? Why should I hope when I'll end up disappointed anyway? It's easier to be numb than to get hurt. What's the point, anyway? We all die eventually so why? Why why why why?

Well, I guess the answer is. . . why not?

 The truth is, is that life is tough. Things will not always go the way we intend them to, failure is inevitable, and there might not really be a point, but why not? When I put it that way, it seems as though I've got nothing to lose and everything to gain.

I've always believed in the saying "live once" and it has even been the basis of my decision making at times. I'm going to practice what I preach. I think it's time to be alive as opposed to be merely living,

Because as cliche as it sounds life really is too short to be stuck in a routine. If I were to leave a legacy in this world, I want to be known as the girl who lived life to the fullest and the one who chased after what she wanted because she knew she deserved that much.

So here's to what lies ahead. Here's to doing different things (I think I'm going to finally change my hair. I've had my side fringe since I was 14!), here's to the battle scars, here's to the stories we'll never get tired of telling, and here's to a new month with 31 blank pages for us to fill out.


If not now, when?


xo Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment