Sunday 1 April 2012

An ode to Dr. Martens



52 years ago today, the first ever pair of Dr. Martens was produced in Wollaston, England. The brand has since been an iconic symbol of self-expression, individuality, music, and rebellion.

I'm a little bit of a boots fan, and my cherry red docs is definitely one of my favourite items in my wardrobe. I've thrashed it on so much, and it seems to be my go to footwear. I knew that they're a big part of me when late last year, I got into an argument with this guy about how my docs was made from England. We decided it was time to find out so he made me take them off. They weren't. Now it's a little running joke that we mention from time to time.

I eventually got an England made pair early this year when Steph pointed them out to me while shopping at an op shop. It's a beautiful brown baby with brogue-like details on them. Best part was that they were being sold for only $20. Easily the best 20bucks I've spent ever. 

Last photo featured is that of me and Steph more than a year ago, I think? It was taken by the very beautiful Grace and has since been my wallpaper on my phone.

I can't wait to build my collection up. My wishlist include the velvet docs and some England made black ones!

Anyway, here's a little video from Dr. Martens' official Youtube channel. Watch it and be inspired!


No comments:

Post a Comment