Monday 3 September 2012

Checks Tribute.

Last week one of my favourite New Zealand bands decided to call it quits. After a good 10 years together making music The Checks have broken up.

I first fell in love with the band after seeing them play at Flow bar in Hamilton. For me The Checks some up what a good kiwi rock band should be. They don't try to be like anyone else and just make friken good music that I can chill to for hours.

They have the best stage presence and completely zone into the music. I remember the lead Edward having a good 10-15 minute mediation session on stage before actually busting out some song lyrics. This  honestly makes me so sad but hears hoping theres a reunion not too far down the track.

Get your ears listening to some Checks goodness here.

No comments:

Post a Comment